A thermostat with humidifier control can save you a lot of money by monitoring your home temperature, weather, humidity, and more. A humidifier thermostat is an effective way to control your home comfort in one place, with many new options such as a smart thermostat on the market we are going to look at some of the best options on the market.
The Google, T3017US Smart Thermostat
The Google, T3017US, 3rd Gen Nest Learning Thermostat is a smart thermostat. It can program itself by remembering the temperatures that you prefer. The Nest also notes the weather outside and heats up or cools down accordingly to get you the temperature you desire. It can also connect to wi-fi, allowing you to control the temperature from your phone, laptop, or tablet.
The thermostat shows a picture of a leaf onscreen when the temperature you have set will save you energy. It is even smart enough to use minimal energy if you are out of the house by turning it down.
A study shows that it saves between 10 and 12% on heating bills and 15% on cooling bills, saving on average $145 a year. It essentially pays for itself with the amount that it saves you. The display on the thermostat is clear and big to allow ease of use. The device allows you to check the amount of energy you have used and why.
The installation is easy and takes on average 30 minutes to set up. The thermostat also provides protection from carbon monoxide gas by automatically switching off the furnace if it detects the gas. The Nest also has the ability to detect you by your movement, so when it sees you the digital touch screen will light up automatically to display the time, temperature, and weather.
The Google Nest thermostat also comes with a two-year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- It can connect through wi-fi to your phone, laptop, or tablet
- It allows you to save energy easily
- The device notes the weather outside and changes the temperature accordingly
- It saves energy by turning itself down when you’re not in the house it pays for itself by saving you money
- It saves on average 10-12% on heating bills
- It saves on average 15% on cooling bills
- It provides safety by being able to detect carbon monoxide gas
- Easy to install
- The thermostat has only one sensor
- The price is a bit expensive
- The battery requires frequent charging
back to menu ↑
ecobee3 Lite Smart Thermostat
The Ecobee 3 Lite Smart thermostat with humidity control claims to save users up to 23% on their heating and cooling bills. This means that on average it will pay for itself within two years. The device also comes with two-room sensors in order to adequately heat your home evenly. The Ecobee does this by detecting the temperature and presence of people in the room so that it knows whether it needs to be heated or cooled.
The ability to detect a presence in the room allows the thermostat to save you money when you are not home by turning down the heating/cooling. The Ecobee thermostat with humidity control takes on average 30 minutes to install, meaning that it is easy to set up. You can control the thermostat from your mobile device by downloading the app, simplifying the control of your thermostat. The device can also connect to your other smart devices such as Alexa and Cortana.
- It saves up to 23% on heating/cooling bills
- It has two room sensors
- The device detects the presence of people
- It takes 30 minutes to install
- You can control it through the app
- It works with other smart devices such as Alexa and Cortana
- The design looks outdated
- You may face some issues while tracking the data
back to menu ↑
Honeywell Home RTH9585WF1004 Wi-Fi Smart
The Honeywell Home Smart thermostat is compatible with most leading smart systems such as Alexa and Google Home. The digital touch screen has a customizable option, allows you to check the outside weather, forecast, and temperature, as well as providing the indoor and outdoor humidity levels. The display is clear and easy to read.
The humidity control thermostat comes with flexible programming options that are based on your schedule, as an energy star certified product it makes sure to heat and cool your home at the right time. It can also keep an eye on if your air filter or humidifier pad needs replaced. The Honeywell Home Smart thermostat can also warn you of too high or too low temperatures and can even accurately show you your internet connectivity. The device can be controlled and monitored by downloading the app on your phone.
- The device compatible with most leading smart systems e.g. Alexa
- The digital touch screen is customizable
- It can tell you the outside weather, temperature, humidity, and forecast
- It has clear and easy to read display
- It can warn you if things need to be replaced or if the temperature is too low or high
- You can link to the mobile app, or laptop/computer, and tablet
- Energy-star certified
- It has only one sensor on the device so does not monitor several rooms
back to menu ↑
Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller
The Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller is a pre-wired AC dual-stage outlet thermostat. The device is ETL listed so can cope in damp settings. The two sockets on the thermostat allow it to connect it to both temperature and humidity at the same time. It will also display and set the temperature and the humidity on the small screen at the same time.
The device supports temperature and humidity calibration and has an optional alarm for low/high temperatures or humidity.
- It has temperature and humidity control
- The temperature sensor is waterproof
- The humidity sensor is not waterproof
- No touchscreen
- You cannot connect to your mobile
back to menu ↑
Honeywell TH8321WF1001 Touchscreen Thermostat
This Honeywell thermostat allows you to control the thermostat using your mobile, tablet, and/or computer. The thermostat needs to be installed by a licensed HVAC technician. The device is a touchscreen and has stages up to level three for heating and level two for cooling. The Honeywell thermostat also has the ability to connect to some top brand smart products such as the Echo and Alexa. The product also supports the option to connect external sensors that allow for a more accurate reading.
- It can connect and be controlled by your mobile, tablet, and/or computer
- Comes with a touchscreen
- You can connect to top brand smart products such as Alexa and Echo
- The device supports the option to connect external sensors
- The design looks very old
back to menu ↑
Inkbird Combination Humidity Controller IHC200 Temperature
The Inkbird Combination Humidity Controller and Temperature Controller allows you temperature and humidity control and is quick and easy to set up. The product also has an alarm that can warn you if the temperature or humidity is too low or too high. This humidity controller device can also alert you if there is an issue with the sensor.
- The device is very easy to set up
- It has an alarm to warn you if the temperature is too low or high
- It comes with an alarm to warn you if the humidity is too high or low
- The device doesn’t have wireless connectivity
- There is no touchscreen
- It can’t connect the phone, computer, or tablet
back to menu ↑
Bosch BCC100 Connected Control Smart Phone
The Bosch Thermotechnology thermostat is functional alongside Alexa and Google Home and can connect to your Wi-Fi to allow ease of use. You can control the temperature and settings from your smartphone, or tablet making the product easy to navigate remotely. The digital touch screen is easy to read and simple to use, allowing you to set your preferred temperature.
The Bosch Thermotechnology thermostat allows you to operate one accessory such as to control humidity with the external humidifier or dehumidifier accessories. The digital touch screen displays the weather and temperature clearly.
The product saves money and energy by your setting of a schedule to automatically turn itself on, or off when you are not home.
- It works with smart systems such as Alexa and Google Home
- It can connect to your mobile and tablet so you can control it remotely
- The humidity control thermostat has a digital touch screen
- It can follow a schedule that you set
- It doesn’t automatically switch off as there is no movement detection
- It doesn’t learn your habits/preferences and automatically changes. It only follows a schedule
back to menu ↑
Inkbird ITC-608T Temperature and Humidity
This Inkbird ITC-608T Temperature and Humidity Controller is ETL certified and so it is suitable for damp conditions such as a greenhouse. The temperature sensor is waterproof, but the humidity sensor is not. The product is multifunctional, controlling temperature, humidity, and it has a dual relay output. Therefore, if you want to set it up in your greenhouse you can have it functioning solely as a temperature controller and monitor so that dampness is not an issue seen as the humidity controller is not ETL certified.
The dual relay output allows a fridge or heating equipment to be plugged in and monitored. The thermostat also supports calibration. The built-in alarm provides a warning for high and low temperatures but also warns you if there is an issue with the sensor.
- ETL certified
- The temperature sensor is suitable for wet conditions
- The dual relay allows you to set up one or the other, so you can use the temperature sensor without the humidity sensor in wet conditions
- The plug allows a fridge or heating equipment to be plugged in and monitored
- It supports calibration
- It has a built-in alarm that warns of high or low temperatures and also warns you if there is an issue with the sensor
- It doesn’t have a digital display
- It doesn’t have a touchscreen
- It doesn’t monitor your schedule
- It doesn’t monitor your movement
- It cannot be worked with a control
back to menu ↑
Emerson 1F95-1291 7-Day Touchscreen Thermostat
The White-Rodgers Emerson thermostat has a large 12-inch touchscreen display that makes it easy to read and function. The thermostat features a humidifier control. It features seven-day program control that allows you to set your schedule for each day of the week so that you can save the most energy and money. It also features a keypad lockout for extra security.
The temperature control promises to keep your home temperature within one degree of where you set it. The set-up of this product claims to be simple with the provided step by step instructions.
The thermostat with humidity control has a five-year warranty that proves how reliable this product must be. The heat pump system allows up to four stages of heating and two stages of cooling.
- It has a large 12-inch digital touch screen display
- The device has a humidifier control
- Comes with a 7-day program control that allows you to set your schedule for each day of the week
- It has a keypad lockout for security
- The device is easy to setup
- It has a five-year warranty
- The device is not wi-fi compatible so can’t work remotely with your mobile etc.
- It doesn’t sense motion
back to menu ↑
Aprilaire 8620W WiFi Thermostat
The Aprilaire 8620W thermostat with humidity control has the ability to use voice control with an Alexa. The device has Wi-Fi which allows you to control it through the smartphone, and tablet app. The large 10.3-inch touch screen display provides the user with an easy to read and navigate LCD display. It is a programmable thermostat that allows you to control temperature, humidity, and air purification.
The automatic humidifier/dehumidifier, air purification, and temperature control ensure a clean and comfortable environment in your home. The Aprilaire 8620W thermostat with humidity control promises to save you energy and money.
- You can use voice control with an Alexa
- It has wi-fi so you can control it through the smartphone and tablet app
- It has a large 10.3-inch touch screen display
- Programmable and automatic thermostat, humidity, and air purification
- It does not have motion sensors to turn on and off automatically
Based on these details I would recommend the Ecobee 3 Lite Smart Thermostat if you are happy to pay more for the top technology available. If you want to pay slightly less, then I recommend the Aprilaire 8620W Thermostat which has the added unique feature of air purification. Both of these thermostats have a large digital touchscreen that is easy to navigate and read. They also both have the ability to use voice control using smart products such as Alexa and they both use Wi-Fi allowing you to control them from your smartphone through an app. The Aprilaire has the ability to be programmed to your settings so that it can control the temperature and humidity automatically according to your preferences. If you are looking for a thermostat with humidity control then is the product you can consider.
The Ecobee 3 can also do this, but it also has motion technology that allows it to sense when people are in the room and so can heat and cool accordingly to your presence. It also senses when you are not home and can set your energy to the lowest option that will save you the most money when you are not home. Therefore, the Ecobee 3 Lite Smart Thermostat is my top choice for the best thermostat with humidifier control.
Selecting the Right Humidity Control Thermostat for You:
Everyone has different needs when looking for a product to buy. For example, it might be important for your humidifier thermostat to have a digital screen and be controlled by an app, but for others, they may be happy with a simple temperature and humidity controller such as the Inkbird ITC-608T.
You need to note your needs before you start looking for a thermostat. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Is it important that your product has a digital screen?
- Is it important for the product to have wi-fi allowing for an app and to be remote controlled?
- Is it important that your product allows voice control?
- How much are you willing to spend?
- If you want a screen, do you have any size preferences?
- Do you want it to have motion sensors?
- Do you want it to be programmable or do you want it to pick up on your habits?
- Do you have a preference for how the humidifier thermostat attaches to the wall?
- Where do you want it placed in your home?
- Does it need to be ETL certified?
- Do you want an alarm that warns you if your temperature is too low or too high? Or if the sensor is faulty?
- If you want a sensor, do you need more than one?